Tucson offers surprisingly many great places for spending time with your kids without having to pay money.
1) First of all, there is a number of libraries in the Tucson area. There are always some free activities for kids in every library.
2) If you just want to spend some time outside, you can simply let your child play in the backyard or you can go to a park.
3) Playgrounds - this is where your kids can engage in physical activity, find some friends, and have fun! And it's free!
4) Museum, Recreational and Community Centers, game centers, and arcades are the places where you can find some activities for your children during hot summer days in Tucson. Unfortunately, most of these activities are not free.
5) There are a couple of on-line resources where you can try to find a friend or a playgroup in your area:
This website is really functioning locally. "Tucson moms" is a support network for moms with young children. They offer playgroups, family events, and more.
There are several groups of Tucson moms on Meetup.
7) Barnes&Noble usually offers free Storytime for kids often with crafts or other activities. To find more about what is up at any of the two Tucson stores go to http://store-locator.barnesandnoble.com/
But if you are tired of Tucson take a trip. Don't be afraid to travel just because you have a small child. See our Tips for Enjoyable Travel with Kids. Most kids, even the youngest, love to travel.