Kids' activities for parties or camps: page 3
These activities are aimed at promoting children's overall development. They are fun and can be used at parties or in camps. You can modify them according to the children's age and interests.
These activities can be in a form of competition for two teams of kids, or you can complete them as one group. It's best to prepare some prizes for both teams.
Let's play Doctor
A member of an ER unit has to react fast, be able to detect problems and solve them.
1. A cardiologist is a heart doctor. Cut a picture of the heart into pieces and ask children to put them together. The team that solves this puzzle first, wins. Choose the picture of the heart according to the childrens' age.
2. A psychologist has to be able to figure out in what emotional state his patient is now. A member of one team should mimic a certain emotion without saying anything (happy, angry, scared, etc). He/she should tell an adult first what emotion is it. His team is given 10-20sec to make a guess. Each team is given 4 attempts and the team that made the most correct guesses wins.
3. A nurse has to be able to clean the cut and apply a bandage. You'll need a couple of dolls, a couple of small bottles filled with water, a few cotton balls and a few band aids. Draw a few cuts on a doll's legs and arms. One by one members of each team help the doll. The team that does it the fastest wins.
4. An eye doctor often has to prescribe glasses to his patients. Give children soft wire and ask them to make glasses frames out of it. The team that does it the fastest wins.
5. A surgeon is a doctor who performs surgical operations. He has to be very precise while doing it. Children should cut out a paper silhouette of a person (you can use magazine pictures). The team in which the surgeons do it the neatest wins.